If you're heading to the United Arab Emirates soon, then you probably plan to make at least a short stop in the capital, Abu Dhabi. This large city is less touristy and exuberant than Dubai, but you'll still be able to experience a variety of attractions and cultural tours. If you are planning to visit Abu Dhabi – whether for a single night or more – you will need to find accommodation. So, what kind of accommodation can you find in this city, and what are the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi? You will find the answer in the following lines!
FINDING THE RIGHT PLACE TO STAY IN ABU DHABI
Even though Abu Dhabi is a smaller city than Dubai, it doesn't mean that choosing a place to stay there should be done carelessly – especially since there is no subway here, so getting around is not always that easy. If you do not have a rental car, you'll have to take either a bus, cab or Uber.
The bus network serves the whole city and cab fares are reasonable, but spending a lot of time in transportation during a trip is quite unpleasant. That's why most of the time; the best thing to do is to look for accommodation near the center, close to as many attractions as possible, or in a well-served neighborhood.
In the rest of this post, you can find a description of the best areas of the city, to help you choose the right place to stay based on your desires, the atmosphere you like and of course, your budget and the type of accommodation you prefer.
My favorite hotel in Abu Dhabi ❤️
If you're looking to stay in the Corniche area of Abu Dhabi, I highly recommend the Royal Rose Hotel. Inspired by 17th century French architecture, the hotel is beautifully decorated. It features two pools – one of which is outdoor – a spa, a gym, a restaurant and a bar. Located in the center of Abu Dhabi, the hotel is far from crowded with tourists, which somewhat explains the more serene atmosphere you will find there. Even better, you will be close to most of Abu Dhabi's activities. For a night at the Royal Rose Hotel, expect to pay $158 per night. 🙂
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION IN ABU DHABI
There is a relatively large supply of accommodation in the capital of the United Arab Emirates – but not in all parts of the city, and the types of establishments are less varied than in Dubai. For example, there are still no hostels in Abu Dhabi, whereas there exists some in Dubai and even in Sharjah.
L’offre est quasiment uniquement constituée classic hotels, large hotels and luxurious beach resorts. Dans le centre-ville ou le long des plages, vous remarquerez forcément ces magnifiques hôtels de luxe à l’architecture impressionnante. Ils proposent des prestations haut de gamme, avec bien sûr les tarifs correspondants…
The offer is almost entirely made up of classic hotels, large hotels and luxurious beach resorts. In the city center or along the beaches, you can’t help but notice these magnificent luxury hotels and their impressive architecture. They offer top-of-the-line services—with the corresponding prices...
In recent years, many boutique hotels have also sprung up around the city. These establishments are less standardized than big chain hotels, and often offer very good value for money in Abu Dhabi. Mostly, they are modern, comfortable and fairly quiet hotels that are quite popular with travelers.
There are also many large resorts in and around Abu Dhabi. They offer particularly suitable packages for family vacations, with access to private beaches and numerous facilities.
Finally, it is also possible to find hotels in the Abu Dhabi desert. These are also very luxurious, away from the city and isolated from the outside world. They are not suitable if you are primarily interested in visiting the city, since they are located several dozen kilometers away – but they do provide a really unforgettable night's stay in a unique setting, if you wish for an exceptional night in Abu Dhabi.
BEST AREAS TO STAY IN ABU DHABI
Let's start directly with one of Abu Dhabi's most iconic areas: The Corniche. This long promenade that stretches along the waterfront for 5 miles (8 km) and overlooks the Arabian Gulf is one of the emirate's most popular vacation spots.
It is a perfect area to spend a holiday with family and friends in Abu Dhabi, for you can easily access the beach while still being within walking distance of the city center and major attractions. Even better, you will also find many facilities nearby, such as children's playgrounds, plenty of shops and a variety of restaurants and food stalls.
In addition to its really good location, the Corniche is also one of the places where you can find fairly affordable hotels in the middle of the city – although of course the area is also home to 5-star hotels.
WHERE TO STAY IN ABU DHABI ON THE CORNICHE?
- Oryx Hotel is a beautiful 4-star hotel less than 1,650 feet (500 m) from Abu Dhabi beach, along the Corniche. It has a restaurant with a panoramic view, a beautiful swimming pool, a gym and a terrace garden. You can find nice rooms for two for about $79 a night.
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort, Abu Dhabi Corniche is a 5-star resort located just a stone's throw from the beach and downtown Abu Dhabi with a gym, several pools, a spa, a gym, several restaurants and many other facilities. In addition to its great location and friendly staff, the hotel offers very elegant and comfortable rooms starting at around $158 per night.
Here is another of the most popular places for visitors, for a simple reason – here, you can enjoy extensive comfort all while staying in Abu Dhabi, within 5 minutes of the city center and close to the airport.
Saadiyat Island is Abu Dhabi's newest and arguably one of the most luxurious developments. The infrastructure there is very modern and the establishments are all very high-end. In between the sumptuous beachfront villas, you will find 5-star hotels with multiple swimming pools, private access to beautiful beaches and many other services.
Of course, such services are far from being free, but if you have prepared a substantial accommodation budget you can certainly spend a dream stay on Saadiyat Island.
Have you thought about booking your activities in Abu Dhabi? 🌞🏖
On a getaway to Abu Dhabi, you can be sure that you won't get bored! The city has plenty of attractions to keep you entertained: desert tours, visits to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, driving in a Formula 1 racetrack, or even kayaking in the mangrove… Abu Dhabi has a lot to offer. I would recommend looking at the offers then book in advance the activities you’re really interested in 🙂
WHERE TO STAY ON SAADIYAT ISLAND?
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi is a beautiful 5-star resort located on Saadiyat Island just a stone's throw from a private beach. It features a spa, swimming pool, gym, sports courts and 6 restaurants and bars. It offers very large, well-equipped 55-square-meter suites (592 square feet) for about $315 a night.
- Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas is another large 5-star resort with a large garden, 2 pools, a wellness center, a gym and 3 restaurants. It is located a 2-minute walk from the longest beach on Saadiyat Island. Its large suites with a King-Size bed and a balcony with a beautiful view are available from around $315 per night.
For a fun-filled stay in Abu Dhabi, Yas island is undoubtedly the best place to stay. Simply put, this man-made island is entirely dedicated to welcoming and entertaining tourists.
Yas Island à Abu Dhabi is a place like no other, where you will have fun and visit some of the biggest theme parks and amusement parks in the UAE – and even the world.
It is here that you can visit Ferrari World, the park dedicated to the famous Italian car brand, but also Yas Waterworld, one of the world's most famous water parks, and Warner Bros Abu Dhabi.
The island is also home to Yas Mall, a large shopping mall with more than 400 stores, as well as the Yas Marina Circuit, which hosts the annual Abu Dhabi Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Yas Island is located approximately 15 miles (25 km) from the heart of Abu Dhabi. Staying on this island is therefore very convenient if you want to do as many visits and attractions as possible here. On the other hand, if you are mainly interested in exploring sites that are closer to the city center, other areas will be more suitable.
WHERE TO STAY ON YAS ISLAND IN ABU DHABI?
- W Abu Dhabi — Yas Island is a 5-star hotel located between land and sea, on Yas Island. It features 2 swimming pools, a spa and a gym, as well as several restaurants, and offers a breathtaking view of the Yas Island Formula 1 circuit. You will find beautiful, spacious and comfortable rooms from about $174 per night.
- The WB Abu Dhabi, Curio Collection By Hilton is a beautiful 5-star resort in the heart of Yas Island with outdoor pools, spa and restaurants. Several major parks such as Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World are within walking distance. Rooms at this hotel are available from around $210 per night.
Al Maryah Island
Al Maryah Island is another top-of-the-range destination in Abu Dhabi, attracting businessmen as well as tourists and wealthy families looking for an upscale stay. The area is particularly popular for its over 1 mile long promenade (2km) that offers a great view of both the city and the sea.
It is also one of Abu Dhabi's temples of luxury shopping – it is home to The Galleria, a shopping mall that houses around 300 stores with all the top international brands and designers. On top of that, the island is where the Christmas Market and New Year's Eve fireworks are organized at the end of the year.
Al Maryah Island is home to several of the UAE's most modern and renowned 5-star hotels. Note that the Abu Dhabi Mall is also located right next to this area.
WHERE TO STAY ON AL MARYAH ISLAND?
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi is a modern 5-star hotel that is directly connected to The Galleria shopping mall. It boasts an incredible swimming pool, a spa, a superb gym and no less than 8 restaurants. You'll find luxurious rooms with exceptional bedding and beautiful views of the Arabian Gulf for around $337 per night.
- Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island is one of the most renowned luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi. It is also connected to the shopping mall by air-conditioned galleries, and features a rooftop pool with panoramic views, a large waterfront terrace, a cocktail bar and 6 themed restaurants. Rooms with a King-Size bed start at approximately $442 per night.
SLEEPING IN THE DESERT NEAR ABU DHABI
AL WATHBA, A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL, ABU DHABI
Al Wathba, a Luxury Collection Hotel is a 5-star resort located in the desert approximately 50 km (31 miles) from the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Everything is done to ensure that guests have an exceptional stay – the staff is attentive, the hotel has two large and beautiful swimming pools, a large gym, a children's playground, a bar and a restaurant.
Suites and deluxe rooms at this hotel start at around $421 per night.
Tilal Liwa Hotel
Tilal Liwa Hotel is a 4-star resort located in the westernmost region of Abu Dhabi, approximately 1.5 hours from Abu Dhabi, and 20 minutes from Madinat Zayed and its large shopping mall. This beautiful resort offers modern facilities, including a beautiful swimming pool, a garden and two restaurants serving local and international dishes.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, the bedding is comfortable, and rooms for two are available for about $137 per night.
That's it for this article, now you know the best places to sleep in Abu Dhabi. If you want more information regarding where to sleep in Dubai and what to do in Dubai once your getaway in Abu Dhabi is over, don’t hesitate to check out these articles to help you in your travel preparation for Dubai 🙂