You wish to visit Dubai and have an experience like no other during your stay? The Dubai Museum of Illusions offers visitors an amazing, confusing and entertaining world to marvel at. In this unique museum of the UAE, optical illusions, holograms, trompe l'oeil and other crazy experiences await you. This museum plays with perceptions and senses, and offers a fascinating educational experience.
EXHIBITIONS OF THE MUSEUM OF ILLUSIONS
The exciting thing about visiting this museum is that you will constantly be confronted with contradictions: your brain will tell you things that your common sense will have a hard time accepting. There, everything is made to play tricks on your mind 🙂
Here is a small glimpse of what you will discover:
- In the Vortex Tunnel, you will feel as if you are about to lose your balance at any moment, in spite of being on a completely flat and still floor;
- In the anti gravity chamber, you will not know whether the ground is flat or inclined, whether the water flows up or down... all the laws of physics will be broken;
- The illusion chair will show you how the perception of size is only a matter of perspective;
- The infinite room – the room of mirrors – will give you the impression of an endless space;
- The table of clones will make you sit down in charming company, with 4 other copies of yourself..
In all, about 80 illusions are presented in the galleries of this museum, making it the largest collection of optical illusions in the world.
A FUN AND EDUCATIONAL VISIT
In addition to the exhibits, you will be able to discover the "Smart Playroom". Here, brainteasers, jigsaw puzzles, mathematical games and many other games that will thoroughly challenge your thinking await you. These games are designed to stimulate learning in a fun way, whatever your age is. A true gym for your brain!
OPENING HOURS & PRICES
The Dubai Museum of Illusions is open daily from 10 am to 10 pm.
As for the prices, here they are by category:
Adult (16 to 59 years old)
80 AED (about $22, or €19)
Child (5 to 15 years old)
60 AED (about $16, or €15)
Senior (60+ years old)
72 AED (about $20, or €18)
Family (2 adults + 2 children)
225 AED (about $61, or €55)
BOOK YOUR TICKET FOR THE DUBAI MUSEUM OF ILLUSIONS
To avoid having to wait while trying to buy your ticket once in Dubai, you can book it beforehand. To do so, nothing simpler: just choose the date of your visit, and you will receive your ticket by email instantly. You can then choose to print it or keep it on your smartphone as a mobile ticket. The museum ticket also includes access to the smart game room.
HOW TO GET TO DUBAI’S MUSEUM OF ILLUSIONS?
The museum is located in the Al Seef district, along the Dubai Creek.
To get there, you can take the Red Line of the Dubai Metro and get off at “Burjuman Station”.
And that's it about Dubai's Museum of Illusions! It's a really great visit – if you've been there already, don't hesitate to share your experience in the comments!